Cystic Fibrosis is a serious medication condition that effects the respiratory system as well as the pancreas, liver, and other organs.
You will encounter cystic fibrosis during nursing school, on the NCLEX as well as in the hospital setting. Check out my study guide here. It covers all the important highlighters about cystic fibrosis that you need to know.
- Disease Process
- Autosomal recessive genetic disorder
- Lungs, pancreas, liver, intestines, and sex organs
- Genetic: must be inherited by both parents
- Cystic fibrosis transmembrane regulator
- Signs and Symptoms
- Medical terminology along with explanation
- Medical procedures
- Lab test
- Lab values
- Mucus impact on the body
- No cure
- Manage symptoms
- Maximize body functions
- Nursing Considerations
- Patient is sick from birth
- Assessment and monitoring
- Prevent complications
- Patient Education
Writing out your notes can help you learn even better. I have fill-in-the-blank and coloring page study guides so you can get the benefit of writing out your notes without spending so much time. Your time is precocious so spend it wisely.